Don’t waste hours every day manually creating documentation for quality inspection. SOLIDWORKS Inspection helps you streamline the creation of inspection documents by leveraging your existing 2D legacy data, regardless of whether these files are SOLIDWORKS PDFs or TIFFs.
What is SOLIDWORKS Inspection?
- Create ballooned engineering drawings and inspection reports quickly with Standalone SOLIDWORKS Inspection or the SOLIDWORKS Inspection add-in.
- Automatically add balloon callouts with Inspection Dimensions specified by the designer or mechanical engineer.
- Compare drawing revisions and originals to quickly identify changes.
- Record inspection measurements and import CMM results.
- Export finished ballooned drawings as a PDF and inspection sheets to Microsoft Excel spreadhseets using standard templates such as AS9102 or PPAP forms.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection Professional extends capabilities by giving users multiple ways to enter measured values directly into the project to help simplify part inspection. Each characteristic value can be entered manually, by using a digital caliper, or by importing coordinate measuring machine (CMM) results.
You can create your inspection documents regardless of your existing CAD system, using either the standalone SOLIDWORKS Inspection application or the integrated SOLIDWORKS
Optical Character Recognition
When working with a PDF or TIFF drawing, SOLIDWORKS Inspection can instruct Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to read and identify the nominal dimension, plus and minus tolerances, and the type of dimension (such as diametric or linear) helping to virtually eliminate manual input and reduce errors. It works with horizontal and vertical dimensions, split dimensions, notes, hole callouts, finish symbols and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) symbols.
Handle Revisions with ease
Avoid errors and quickly identify changes using SOLIDWORKS Inspection advanced drawing tool.
Improve Time to Market
Powerful user-customisable report formats allow you to create industry standard inspection reports (AS9102, PPAP, etc.) and ballooned drawings in just a few clicks, helping to avoid errors and inconsistencies.